Thursday, July 13, 2006

Shake it Like JCVD


Yes, the Muscles from Brussels really does have quite the moves. Clearly one of his favourite "bits" is the little handclap, casually thrown in there almost without him noticing, as if to say "HAY GUYS, I'M LIKING THE WAY YOU MOVE THAT THING, KEEP ON ROCKIN' ME please!"

I suggest people who are a bit wary of dancing take a tip from JC and try adding that to their routine. After all, if it's good enough for Van Damage, it's good enough for you.

While we're on the dancing kick, one thing I've noticed is that a lot of people have iPods - by my head count on the tram this morning, I'd estimate roughly 4 million Australians. But I've never not once never seen someone dancing around holding it in their hands, like they do on every iPod ad ever. Which leads to the following possible conclusions:

1. Apple totally misjudged their market, thinking they were appealing to dance-around free spirits when really, no.

2. Apple appealed to the fantasy of dancing around free-spiritedly, perhaps knowing that the only people who harbour that fantasy are those who can't engage in such wanton behaviour.

3. People do this dancing, but only at home.

Judge for yourself.

This guy's showing us how it's done.



P.S. credits to Monkeys for Helping for today's images. If you have any dancing gifs you can suggest, let me know. Thanks to Our Man in Tokyo for noting the World Cup post-game EuroDisco shenanigans, which I can't find anywhere in the net! Damn technology, good for nothing but tears and pain.

No comments: