Thursday, July 26, 2007

Chimps do the Hard Work

I'm on holiday and have a see-lots-of-films pass for the Melbourne International Film Festival, so I won't be mentioning much besides films here for a few weeks (not true), but before I get all MIFFy I thought I should round up some recent (non-films) shows I've seen.

Then again, I'm on holiday, so I'll let the chimps do the reviewing.

THE CHINA INCIDENT
Written, directed and designed by Peter Houghton.
Performed by Anne Browning.

This should be better than it is. But it's still pretty good.
THE QUIVERING
Directed by Nikki Heywood.
Performed by Dawn Albinger, Scotia Monkivitch and Julie Robson.
This should be a lot better than it is. It's about...ok.
THE LOVER
By Marguerite Duras.
Directed by Greg Carroll.
Performed by Kate Kendall.

This shouldn't be as good as it is. It's GREAT.
THOM PAIN (BASED ON NOTHING)
By Will Eno.
Directed by Julian Meyrick.
Performed by Neil Pigot.

This is exactly as good as it should be.
They may be hard workers, but they're not the best reviewers.

No comments: