Monday, July 13, 2009

ANT FACT MONDAY

This is intruiging but sad. It took me a while to work out what was going on but the eventual reveal turned a kind of beautiful thing into a minor horror. Can atrocities be ant-sized? Does catastrophe escalate through magnitude, or can a small, tiny, 100% replaceable thing's destruction still mean something? You know what they say about how killing a man makes you a murderer but killing a million makes you a conqueror. Or perhaps a scientist.



I am proud that I managed to embed a video from a website entirely in Polish, however.

The next ANT FACT MONDAY will be more upbeat, I promise. Perhaps it will focus on the Yellow Crazy Ant. Do the words "multi-queened super-colony" set your heart a-skipping? If so, remain tuned.

Speaking of which, I still can't believe there are people out there who don't use RSS feeds (such as bloglines.com) which make reading things like this easier. I don't like the idea of people bothering to come here and being disappointed by the lack of ant fact updates. Get a bloglines thing happening and your time on the internet will be so much less wasteful and pointless. Which will still make it fairly wasteful and pointless, but hey, talk to the hand because I just drew an ear on my hand and want to know if I am secretly magically powered.

2 comments:

Martyn said...

Jeez, cranky ant fact man.

I (amazingly) got pointed here by bloglines - when I saw ANT FACT MONDAY - i got excited.

EXCITED.

Unknown said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8127000/8127519.stm